Bill’s practice experience encompasses civil litigation in both the state and federal courts.
He has represented clients in a broad variety of complex construction, business, and commercial disputes. His civil litigation experience includes depositions, pre-trial and dispositive motions, mediations, arbitrations, jury trials, and appeals. Other areas of his litigation practice include insurance coverage disputes, personal injury, agribusiness litigation, and representation of professional athletes and other high net worth individuals in a variety of family law matters. Prior to joining the firm, Bill practiced civil litigation in Binghamton, New York. He also presided over numerous jury trials in his capacity as the Acting Village Justice and Village Justice for the Village of Johnson City, New York.
- Asheville Downtown Association, Board of Directors President, Former Executive Committee Secretary
- American Angus Association
- American Bar Association — Sections: Antitrust Law; Family Law; Litigation
- Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce (Leadership Asheville Alumnus, Class XXXIII)
- Asheville Home Builders Association
- North Carolina Angus Association
- North Carolina Bar Association — Sections: Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Law; Business Law; Construction; Family Law; Litigation
- Virginia Angus Association
- Harry C. Martin American Inn of Court