As a result of “stay at home” orders and other social distancing guidelines to help stop the spread of…
Xavier’s practice primarily focuses on labor and employment law, serious personal injury and wrongful death, and civil litigation.
As a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group, he regularly advises employers on a wide range of labor and employment law issues, including personnel policies and handbooks, employment discrimination and harassment, employee discipline and termination, drug and alcohol testing, and various wage and hour matters. He has also conducted training presentations and webinars for employers on various COVID-19 employment topics such as workforce reduction, ADA compliance, emergency paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave requirements under the FFCRA, best practices and strategies for employers to return workers to the workplace, and preparation of liability waivers.
In addition, Xavier has experience litigating claims for serious personal injury, including cases involving vehicle accidents, professional malpractice, and premises liability, among other areas. He also represents both corporate and individual clients in a broad range of civil litigation before state and federal courts.
Xavier worked with Ward and Smith as a Summer Associate prior to joining the firm permanently. Additionally, he served as a legal intern with Red Hat and the Local Government Federal Credit Union.
- Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Section: Auto Torts (CLE/conference presenter)
- North Carolina Bar Association – Section: Litigation (YLD Co-Liaison)
- Society for Human Resource Management
- North Carolina Society for Human Resource Management (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair)
- Triangle Society for Human Resource Management
- North Carolina Association of Black Lawyers
- American Constitution Society